How to Use Mi Remote to Control TV & Other Devices on Redmi Note 3 Redmi 3S Prime Redmi Note 4 Redmi 4A Redmi 4 & More. Do you know Xiaomi Redmi smartphones have a Remote Control feature? Do you know you can use Redmi phones as Remote Control of your TV, Set-Top Box, AC & other devices?
If you are a Redmi user then you definitely know it. If not then check your Redmi Device and you would be surprised to know it.It is a built-in app named Mi TV/Mi Box on your phone. Above mentioned devices have this app. In this article, I will show How you can use a Mi phone as Remote Control for TV, AC & Other Devices.
Note: You need an internet connection for the one-time setup process. Thereafter, it can be used offline or without any internet connection.
How to Use Mi Remote to Control Various Devices :
1. Firstly, you need to open the Mi TV app from your Mi Smartphone. Before using it please make sure you are connected to an internet connection else it will not load the full list of supported devices. This is a one-time setup.
2. After that, you will see the default Mi TV Device Page. Close it by tapping on the Back icon from the left-top corner.
3. Now, tap on the +Mi Remote option and choose the device name for which you want to use the phone as Remote.
4. For example I have selected Set-top Box by tapping on the 3rd icon. You do select your preferred device.
5. Now you will have to choose a service provider as I have selected DD Free Dish.
6. Further, the device will be paired, and on the next screen tap on Power to test whether the phone is working as Remote with the paired device or not.
7. If the phone is working as a Remote tap on “Yes” otherwise tap on “No” and try again.
8. That is how you can pair your device and now you are ready to Control your selected device via Mi Phone.
How to Install or Update Mi Remote :
Here is how you can Install or Update Mi Remote app. It can be installed in case you have uninstalled it from your device.
In case Remote is not working for your selected device please update your app. Maybe in the current or future update, your device will be added by Xiaomi. So, here is a simple process to update or install the app.
■ Open the Google Playstore from your mobile and search “Mi Remote”.
■ An app will appear with Mi Remote icon, just install it and use it.
■ Or directly click on Link you will be redirected to Google Playstore.
■ Install and use this app. If you are an existing user of this app and have an update then you will see the “Update” option. Simply update the app & use it.
That is it. It was all about using the Mi phone as Remote Control for TV, Air Conditioner, Set Top Box & Other devices. There are various smartphones that support this feature.
Currently, this feature is working smoothly in Redmi 3 Redmi Note 3S Prime Redmi Note 4 Redmi 4A Redmi 4 device. Now share this method with your friends so they also can know about it.
- Read Also : Xiaomi Mi A1 Price, Specifications : Flipkart Exclusive
- Read Also : Mi Customer Care Number 24×7 Toll Free