UGC NET 2021: Every year, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the Union Grant Commission (UGC). Candidates who have passed or cleared the CBSE NET Exam also known as the UGC NET Exam can be eligible for Assistance Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or for both.
If the candidate gets selected for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) will be eligible to continue their study as a Researcher in their Postgraduate subject from IITs or other national organizations. Same candidates can also apply for the post of Assistance Professor in college or universities located in India only.
As per the latest information, CBSE NET Exam for the year 2021 will be conducted twice a year. If there is any change or update in this information we will update this article quickly. Candidates should continue to visit this page for all the latest updates on UGC NET 2021 exam.
To know about CBSE UGC NET 2021 along with the application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, syllabus related information read the full article or bookmark this page to stay updated with all the latest information.
UGC NET 2021 Notifications:
This notification section will keep you updated with all the latest changes or updates in NET 2021 exam dates, syllabus, or any other information.
Latest Update: UGC NET 2021 Exam will be conducted twice a year. If there will be any other update we will update the latest information. Keep an eye on this page.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Dates:
UGC NET Exam for the year 2021 will be conducted twice a year. However, the Exam date is not announced yet we have information that the Exam will be held in June 2021.
Still, no official date announced for the NET 2018 Exam but the candidate can expect the exam in June 2018. We will update the exact exam date soon.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form:
- Candidates who want to apply for CBSE NET 2021 exam can fill up the application form online on the CBSE NET official website only.
- Candidates will be able to fill up the application form online in April 2021.
- Candidates should fill up the application form on or before the last date otherwise no application will be accepted after the last date.
- As per UGC NET 2017 rule, Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for UGC NET 2021 exam.
- Candidates first fill up all the details in the application form, then upload scanned photograph and signature, pay the examination fee and ultimately print out the confirmation page.
- Candidates should keep this printout page safe as it contains the application number and other details.
- Candidates will be given time to correct details if any mistake occurs.
The application fee for CBSE NET 2021 varies according to category. This fee is not refundable or transferable in any circumstance. Once paid, candidates can not claim a refund of the fee.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates have to pay the fee through a credit/debit card or e-challan. Candidates can pay the fee through e-challan via Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
- Candidates should have Masters or equivalent degree from University/Institution recognized by UGC.
- Candidates who have passed examinations in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science, etc. can apply for UGC NET 2021.
- Minimum 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories) required to apply for the NEET 2021 exam.
- If a candidate is appearing in the Master’s exam can also apply.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 have a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The maximum age limit is 28 years.
- 5 years relaxation to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates.
- Candidates who are possessing an LL.M. degree will also be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
This age criterion is for Junior Research Fellowship. There is no age limit prescribed for the Assistance Professor application.
Which Candidates are Exempted from Appearing in UGC NET 2021 Exam:
Following candidates are exempted from appearing in the NET 2021 exam (for Assistance Professor).
- Ph.D. Degree Holders
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates
UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern:
▪There will be Three Papers.
▪Candidates will have to fill up answers on Optical Mark Reader usually called the OMR sheet.
▪There will be asked a total of 175 questions to candidates divided into three papers. Paper 1 will have 50 questions. Paper 2 will have 50 questions and Paper 3 will have 75 questions.
▪The candidate will have to attempt all questions. Each question will be of 2 marks.
▪All questions will be of objective type.
▪The questions paper will contain Hindi & English mediums.
▪Paper 1 will be of 75 minutes, Paper 2 of 75 minutes, and Paper 3 of 150 minutes.
▪There will be no Negative Marking in UGC NEET 2021 exam.
UGC NET 2021 Syllabus:
There are 94 subjects for NET Exam. Candidates can download their syllabus as a pdf file from the official website of CBSE NET. Kindly note that there will be the same paper for 1st paper for all candidates. 2nd and 3rf papers will contain questions from the related subject. We will provide the syllabus subject-wise soon. However, candidates can prepare from their related subject’s book.
Preparing for UGC NET Exam:
We have collected a few tips to prepare for this exam. Candidates can follow these to get success in this exam.
- Download and take a printout of your related syllabus from CBSE official website.
- Also, download and take a printout of the previous year’s question papers of your related syllabus.
- Read books related to your syllabus. Mainly read from your master’s books.
- Read the newspaper daily to stay updated with current affairs.
- Make notes of useful and important points so you can take a highlighted look before going to the exam.
- Make sure you are updated with the latest information about the topic of current affairs.
- Make time table accordingly to manage time for reasoning, current affairs, and syllabus.
- Be confident and positive. All will be the best.
UGC NET 2021 Answer Key:
After the exam Answer key will be out within 20-30 days. The exam will be conducted in June 2021. The answers key will be released in June 2021. If candidates have doubt after the result, he/she can challenge the OMR/answer sheet. The authority will charge Rs. 1000 for each challenged question. If the challenge will be accepted fee will be refunded.
UGC NET 2021 Admit Card:
Candidates can download their admit card for June 2018 from CBSE NET official website. Candidates must bring their admit card printout to the center. Photo Identity Card is any one of Passport, Driving license, College/Institute Identity Card, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voters Id Card, etc. is also important.
UGC NET Result 2021:
Candidates can check their results on the official website of CBSE NET. The result will be declared in July 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their Roll no. Or Date of Birth. However, we will update whenever UGC NET Result 2021 will be out.
UGC NET Cut-off 2021:
The cut-off list will be accordingly the following information:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: For which job I can apply after qualifying UGC NET exam?
Candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor across India in Colleges/Universities.
Q: When I can fill up the application form for the Net exam 2018?
The candidate can fill up the application form in April month.
This was all the latest information about UGC NET 2021 Exam, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria and Syllabus, etc. If you are preparing for CBSE NET 2021 then bookmark this page or keep visiting this site daily to get the latest updates for this exam.
Subscribe to our mailing list and push notification service to get instant updates on your mobile. You can leave a comment if you have any other queries related to this article. We will answer your query as soon as possible.