The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to “blacklist” the phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless on that network and sometimes other networks too, whether or not the phone’s SIM is changed.
The IMEI is only used for identifying the device and has no permanent or semi-permanent relation to the subscriber. Instead, the subscriber is identified by transmission of an IMSI number, which is stored on a SIM card that can (in theory) be transferred to any handset. However, many network and security features are enabled by knowing the current device being used by a subscriber.
STEPS TO CHANGE IMEI »
- Install Xposed installer and IMEI Changer.
- Go to Xposed installer 〉〉 Framework 〉〉 Install/Update.
- Click on Install/Update 〉〉 Yes.
- The device will be restart automatically.
- Again Go to Xposed installer 〉〉 Modules 〉 〉 Tick on IMEI Changer.
- Now again Go to Xposed installer 〉〉 Framework 〉〉 Soft reboot 〉〉 Yes.
- Now open IMEI Changer gives your desired IMEI or you can Randomize also.
- Apply now and restart the device.
- If you don’t want to restart the device after apply the IMEI double click on the back tab and close IMEI Changer.
- That’s all now see the effect of the change by typing *#06#.